Hola! It’s been a long long while since I neglected this space! Been really busy with motherhood and when I’m finally done with what need to be done, I would just slack around and day dreaming. 😉
Boring story aside, due to my love of pastry, I’ve always been baking all these while. Bought bread machine and been making sure I fully utilise it hence I’m making bread/bun for breakfast every other week. Make some non-baked oreo cheese cake and it’s love. Make some swiss roll and japanese cheese cake but well, these two needed to enhance. I’m still looking for the perfect failed proof recipe. Haha! Baked some chocolate chips cookies and it’s love!
I’ve been baking egg tart using the following recipe adapted from Misstamchiak for at least 4 times and it’s great. Especially I prefer the pastry version of the egg tart instead of the flaky ones. I’ve edited and enchance according to my own preference and if you would like to check out the original recipe, kindly check on her page. So, let’s go!
Recipe for freshly baked egg tarts with buttery base and soft egg custard insides.
- 280g Plain Flour
- 4 tbsp Icing Sugar
- 2 Egg Yolk
- 1 Egg White
- 150g Salted Butter
- 150g Castor Sugar or fine sugar (I opt for reduced sugar and just using 80g)
- 150g Hot Water
- 4 Whole Eggs
- 250ml Fresh Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- a pinch of fine salt
Method (for Pastry)
- Cream butter with icing sugar, egg yolk and egg white.
- Add in flour and mix well. Once it is well mixed, using hand, press the mixture together and form a dough. If the dough is too wet or oily, do add some flour. Give it a few knead.
- Wrap the dough in a clingwrap. Put it into the fridge for 15mins to let it cool.
- Take the dough out of the fridge. Cut pastries into 12-14 equal portion (about 38g-40g each).
- Roll individual dough into a ball. Using a tart case, press the pastry ball into a flat piece. Line dough in the middle of tart cases, lightly press the dough into the tart cases.
- Refrigerate the tart cases for 30mins, and it is ready to use.
- Baked the tart for 10 mins.
Method (for Filling)
- Add castor sugar into hot water, mix until sugar completely dissolved. Set aside and let it cool.
- Beat eggs with milk, vanilla essence and salt. Pour in sugar water. Mix well.
- Sift egg mixture at least twice to achieve smooth egg mixture.
- Take tarts out of the refrigerator, carefully pour egg mixture into each tart shells.
- Bake tarts for 40mins at 180 degree, fan ON. (Original recipe stated to bake for 25mins at 180 degree, trial and error as it’s varies on different oven.)
Yum! Gave half dozen to my sister and I had one for tea today. Gonna have the rest for breakfast tomorrow!